May 19, 2011

Would You be My Moisturizer?

I was using Dermalogica Skin Smoothing cream as my moisturizer and every one was telling me that it's too heavy for my age. 
Well I just look 20, Honey, I am not 20!
Besides, nobody understands what I had been through because of this harsh weather during winter. 
My skin looks its best in California, so figure it out.

I survived this winter quite well, but the previous two winters...oh boy it was just a night mare! 
My eyelids were bleeding and my face was literally peeling off because my skin was dry as a piece of paper and my moisturizer DDF nor Neutrogena was not helping me at all.
I finally got used to the weather a little bit and I used more intense moisturizers this time.
However, last winter I was also using an intense moisturizer; combination of two creams that my beautician at home suggested, but I forgot to switch it to something light in the spring and my skin just gave an 404 error message; I broke out like a 13 year-old!

Dermalogica MediBac products helped me to cure my skin in two months or so, 
but this time I ended up having terrible blemishes as if I used my blush for contouring my face. 
This time my mission was to get rid of blemishes and acne scars, and 
I found about Mario Badescu Whitening Mask just in time! 
It's basically a white extremely nice smelling  miracle in a jar! 

...and Dermalogica Skin Smoothing made its magic after using it for a month and it really improved the texture of my skin, which was damaged because of acne.

However, I still need to use a light moisturizer! The weather is still really cold these days. So, I can still use my Skin Smoothing Cream, and in mean time I am testing different products.

I found out that I am also allergic to glycolic which was something I was really excited about, because glycolic exfoliates your skin on its own without you needing to do anything, but it was a harsh exfoliating for me. 
Although, my skin was soft afterwards and I could tell it was well moistured, 
it stung my face after I put on the cream. 
So, I tried it for two different times and had to return Thomas Peter Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Moisturizer 
Sorry Tom, it's not you it's me! LOL

So, I also also had to return my Mario Badescu Glycolic Eye Cream to Ulta. 
After I stopped using that cream, the extreme sensitivity on my eyes and discoloration just disappeared. 
Can't believe I tortured my eyes for more than a month with something I am allergic to.



I had oilyness on my T-zone that I didn't have with Skin Smoothing Cream and I started to break out. 
So, it was time to break up with Fresh as well!

Then I got Philosophy the Supernatural. 
Actually, this is not a moisturizer. 
This is a tinted face primer with moisturizing effect, it works quite well I think! 
I loved the texture of it; it's like a mousse, but smells horrible as all other products on the market.

I think Supernatural is enough for me, because after I wash and tone my face in the morning, I used to moisture my face and do my make up and I like to use a primer to apply my make up easily.
Now, I don't need to wait for my skin to absorb my moisturizer before doing my make up.
The coverage is not enough of course, but because it's tinted it makes my job easier I think. 
I use less product for coverage.

So, I guess finally I found my Spring+Summer moisturizer. 
I can use this at night as well, 
it shouldn't clog my pores 
and it's always good to look a little polished 
even when you are staying at home, 
but I might try finding a night time moisturizer for Spring+Summer.

Sometimes I miss my skin before using Bare Esentuals Mineral Loose Powder. 
After using it I broke out at the age of 21 like a teenager, 
because of a bad reaction to Bismuth Oxychloride, an ingredient in the product.

Anyways never cry over spilled milk! 

(Posted on April 20, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment