May 19, 2011

All about blushes

Recently I lost control in the mall. No, not in the parking lot lol, in the mall itself, and I bought quite a lot of stuff let's say. 


Hey, but I needed those! 
After checking out few videos, and articles, I realized I lack the right make up and skin care products I need, and simply I was being lazy about taking care of my skin. 
So, I couldn't resist the call from the mall and I gave in and went to the mall. 

Unlike many girls, I enjoy going shopping alone. 
This is something I figured out when I started college. 
Of course, it's always fun to go the mall with friends, 
but when you are alone, you have a clear mind, and you can focus on your target easily. 
I always do my market research, or at least I know what to get. 
So, when I go to the mall, I go and get what I need and then I leave without wasting extra time. 

Well, the last time, I couldn't resist the urge to look around and do some window shopping, but hey, I should be allowed to do that every once in two years, right?

So, what did I get....

I was in need of a new blush. 
Although I had a perfectly fine drug store blush (Neutorgena
Healthy Skin Custom Glow™ Blush & Bronzer in color Posie Glow) I wanted to get a high-end blush. 
So, I found this cutest pink glowy blush from Cargo called Amalfi at Sephora
If you check out their website the blush looks orange, but it's the pinkiest pink you can ever see in a blush. 
I am not really familiar with Cargo. 

Once, I wanted to get their foundation in a big rectangular tube, but Sephora didn't have my color even in their storage. 
I don't know what's the deal with Cargo and Sephora, but for some reason they don't carry Cargo products as much as they carry other brands. 
Some stores do not even have a Cargo stand/kiosk! 
So, it was my second attempt, and it was a success this time at the second Sephora store I tried. 

Finally, I got my blush! 

First, I tried the color in the store and I wasn't really impressed, considering all the horrible lighting in the store. 
However, when I checked my make-up in the car, and when I got back home, 
I was simply in love with the blush. 
Although it took me more then a week to find time to go back to the store to get it, I finally got my blush.

It's funny, when I buy something, clothes or make up/skin care products, I can't wait for the next day to wear it. 

So, the very next day, I was so happy when it was time to do my make up to go out for errands. 
However, the color looked washed out on me. 
Although I am a fair skinned girl, some colors just do not show up on my face. 
I think it's because my yellowish brown freckles that I almost hate. 
I was quite disappointed, but I decided to deceive myself adding some of my favorite blush (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow) on top. 
So, I was looking sun-kissed glowy. 

The results were even more disappointing after four hours, 
there was no evidence of Cargo blush. 
I decided to give it a second chance, before returning it. 
If I am not using it, I am so returning it!
There is no way, I will keep a product that I don't use. 
After all it's not free. 
I paid $26+tax if I recall it correctly.

The second time same thing happened. 
This time I was determined to return it and find a new blush. 
So, I used it for the third time and the same day I returned my first Cargo purchase. 
Their products or the company can claim to be environmentalist that is really nice, 
but if you can't give me what I am looking for, then, sorry, but you are not for me!

Although I was really impressed with the bronzer in the set, the blush was still not quite right. 

I gave up on finding the perfect high-end brand blush, because I have to admit, 
I have the perfect drug store blush. 
I even have a personal story about that blush. 

Last summer, I went to stay with my friend at their summer house in a near by island. 
Like I said I am fair skinned and I look really pale without make up, 
I almost look sick right after winter, and I don't have the chance to get sunny days until summer in where I live. 
So, I am confessing something I haven't confessed yet; I wore make up everyday even at the pool. 
I know it's not something healthy, but I just didn't want anyone to see my imperfections. Especially, when my cystic acne decided to come back with blemishes along with it. 

So, the day we arrived when we were having tea with my friend's mother, 
she said "why don't you tan like Angie. Look how healthy she looks. Her cheeks are really rosey." 
Right after she said that I really blushed, because my tan was fake. 
It was all thanks to my make up, but for the first time it was good not to called as the fair skinned sick looking girl. :)

(Posted on March 20, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment