May 21, 2011

Who would think of that!

I was checking out my e-mails, Facebook and Youtube this morning as usual and 
I have watched Fleur de Force's new video What I love about you tag

I always wonder what Youtube girls are whatching. 
So, I checked out the people she mentioned in her video, 
and I found about Lisa Eldridge. 
If you didn't know, she is a British make up artist. 
Fleur mentioned how big she is, but for non-Brits like me I had no idea.

I have watched two of her videos and I already liked her style.
I like people who use minimal make up and still can get the flawless, perfect look.
Lisa is one of them! 

Without make up she looks quite average and nothing extraordinary (no offense),
but I loved how polished and still natural she looked after she has done her make up.

Then I watched another video of hers and I am totally amazed.
The video was called Vintage Make up 1940s - 1970s

As we all know 1940s is the WWII era 
and when you think of war,
you think of first aid products and food shortage,
but who would think make up was one of these things that women couldn't obtain?

Of course when you and your loved ones are fighting for their lives,
not having your regular make up products sounds silly,
but us, women always want to look our best,
not to get others attention, but to feel good when we checked our reflection in the mirror.

Of course we can argue on how we should love ourselves, and not the image make up created,
but let's be honest; if we don't have the perfect genes, and if the stress signs show up on our face, or we have discoloration, acne, etc etc, we can't help but use make up to have a flawless skin and healthy looking cheeks, at least.

So, during war time, there was a shortage in make up production, 
because companies couldn't even obtain the raw materials. 
So, they had to sell their powders without powder puffs/sponges and attached a note explaining that.


I found it quite extraordinary, because it's not something you think about when you think of war and difficulties. 
I highly recommend you to watch the video, 
and see how make up colors and packaging changed from 1940s to 1970s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment