May 19, 2011

April Favorites...

April Favorites so far are;
No.7 Hot Cloth Cleanser,
No. 7 Toner,
Hello Kitty Apple Balm from Sephora.



When I first tried Hello Kitty Balm I wasn't impressed, 
and I was upset with myself for spending $9+tax on it just because it's Hello Kitty,
but it needed few applications to show its magic.
It's extremely moisturizing, 
the balm itself is soo soft and smooth and has a light flavor.
A little goes a long way and it's really tinted.

As far as foundation....
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation is my new favorite.
I was eyeing it for a while and when I received a %15 off card from Sephora,
I couldn't miss this opportunity.
However, my moisturizer is causing a problem.
Although it's full coverage and oil free,
my moisturizer or because I keep changing moisturizers
my skin can't decide what to do and how to react,
I get oil and shine on my T-zone,
which I wasn't having it before when I used my winter moisturizer, Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream,
and I realized I looked chalky when I applied it on Philosophy Supernatural.
I guess you need to apply a small amount of Supernatural to prevent that.

After I apply the foundation,
I just need a little concealer coverage on here and there.
Of course my skin improved a lot since February,
but full coverage also decreases your usage of concealer.
I apply on my foundation with a damp sponge,
so I don't need to use too much product.
I realized I use more when I use my hands to blend it in on my face and neck.

As far eye shadows....
I believe this is also a British brand; Pixi.
I am not sure what is the connection between the Youtube Make up Artist Pixiwoo sisters Sam and Nic
and this brand, but these are the best eye shadows I have ever touched.
It is so moisturizing, so velvety soft, so pigmented,
and it's quite expensive for a drug store product.
It's $14+tax.
You can find this at Target as well,
but even if you are not going to buy it,
just go to the store and touch the sample product at the Pixi counter.
Ahh can't complement this eye shadow enough.
I used drug store products, and high-end products like Dior, and Mac,
but none of these were so velvety soft like Pixi eye shadows.
Unfortunately, they don't have a wide range of color selection,
and all of the eye shadows are shimmery.

Another favorite of April is Vitamin E.
I had the liquid Vitamin E tubes for dark spots,
my mom got me these for the scar on my leg.
(Hot tea can be more painful than you can imagine!)


Personally I don't care about my scar,
so I only used half of a Vit E tube once,
and found it greasy,
and never used it before.

While chatting with my neighbor Mary she told me to use those also on my face,
for acne scars.
At first I was skeptical about it, because basically it's like oil.
Then one day I put it on my acne scars,
then I used it on my whole face,
even on my eyelids.
When I woke up in the morning,
my face was not shiny at all,
but it was sooooo soft.
After that I started using my liquid Vitamin E tubes on my face once a week.
It's quite hydrating as well,
and if my sensitive acne prone combination skin didn't react bad to liquid Vitamin E,
then I don't think it will affect any one.
I am even thinking to add one or two drops of Vitamin E in my Body Shop Strawberry Cream.
I could pick Coconut Body Butter for dry skin,
but I like the Strawberry Scent better, but it's for normal skin,
so it's not moisturizing enough for my legs.
It goes for three weeks maximum and I wait until they have another sale,
to stock on Strawberry Body Butter,
but it totally worth it.

I also got Sensual Amber and Twilight woods body butter, perfume and shower gel from Bath and Body Works.
They had buy 3 get 3 free.
So, I couldn't resist it,
and Twilight Woods is good for days when I don't want sugary or floray scents.
It's light and good for a day out doing errands.
However, it's my Victoria's Secret Tease Noir that gets compliments from every one.
It's so sugary, but elegant at the same time.

Another April purchase is the nail polishes I got from Ulta,

They had ''buy two get one free'' promotion,
and I was eyeing for few nail polishes for a while,
but I was not willing to spend $8 per nail polish.

With this promotion I got 7 nail polishes from Ulta,
one was at clearance,
and got 3 from Target,
they were also at the discount rack.

I must say Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polishes are really thick and the brush is chubby and big.

Overall, it makes the application difficult, and you use too much nail polish which makes you nails look like you have paste on it.

However, I combined my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Blue Away polish with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blizzard Blue which is a shimmery sheer blue color.

Result?
Shimmery teal color,
which is gorgeous!

Insta-Dri is too thick and Xtreme Wear is too runny. 
I think Sally Hansen has a long way too find the perfect texture for its nail polishes.

Before that,
I tried OPI Princess Rule,
it's a shimmery sheer light buble gum pink,
and it is gorgeous!

The pix will be coming soon,
but I can say that in terms of nail polishes,
I am ready for spring! :)
I got beautiful shades of pinks, blues, purples, and yellows.
Old Navy was another store that was on sale.
I didn't know that they had the whole store on sale.
It was ''buy one, the second one 50% off''.
I was there to find something new for my b-day
and I needed a pair of new jeans,
so I got two pairs of beautiful jeans
a cardigan,
and few graphic Tees.

It was a good start for May! :)

(Posted on May 5, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment