May 19, 2011

Losing my healthy skin...

I think I was really naive when it comes to make up knowledge. 
No, not in terms of my make up skills, 
but I never thought actually some make up products can cause me to break out. 

Recently, I remembered one incident... 
Because I changed my skin care products at that time I blamed the new guys in the collection for the break out. 
However, it was the mineral loose powder I used. 
I remember wanting to itch my face like crazy, and kept getting blemishes all over my face, and my combination skin dried out and I had no idea why. 

So,

...the Oscar goes to I.d Bare Essentuals Mineral Loose Powder for the worst loose powder EVER!!!!!!!!! award. 

Their powder has an ingridient called BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE. 
Ladies and gentlemen, this ingridient is not your friend! 
Cosmetics companies use this product, because it gives you a nice pearly glow. 
Screw the glow, it's allergenic!, and according to researches most of the population is allergic to this ingridient. 
The common signs are itching and blemishes on the skin and cystic acne.

Guess who got acne like thirteen year-old at the age of 20?!
Which is funny, because I never had acne before even when I was a teenager up until I used this product, and I thought poor Dermalogica caused this. 

I started using Dermalogica again, and let me say this Dermalogica is a kind angel! 
It cleared out my acne almost completely in two months. 

Deja Vu

I had the same itching like crazy feeling when I used Maybelline Dreammatte Mouse
I Googled the ingredients in this product and I found out that this one is also formulated with bismuth in it. 
All this time I thought I can't tolerate drug store products, because they are cheap, but the problem was one of the ingredients. 

If you have sensitive skin like me stay away from powders that has bismuth oxychloride in it. 

Bismuth oxychloride is a natural ingredient found in the majority of mineral cosmetics. It is the main irritant in some brands of mineral cosmetics that often causes itching, rashes and mild to severe cystic acne. If you choose a mineral cosmetic that includes bismuth oxychloride it may cause additional irritation. If you have had a reaction to mineral cosmetics in the past it is likely because of the bismuth oxychloride in the product. (http://www.carefreebeauty.eu/sensitiveskin/bismuth)

You can google Bismuth Oxychloride allergy for more information...
Personally I haven't heard Afterglow cosmetics other than a girl talking about it on youtube. (AndreasChoice)

Recently, I went to Ulta, because I wanted to get a mineral loose powder for light coverage and a natural look. 
Finally, after feeling frustrated, sad and depressed about the way my skin is, I am taking care of my blemishes, and acne scaring. 

I will talk about the products that made miracles on my skin later, 
but now it's make up time. 

Powders...

So, it was time to get out of the closet and show some skin....I mean my face. Lol 
So, me and the seller girl spent a good 15 minutes to find a product that does not contain bismuth in it. 
Never thought it was going to be this difficult. 

The only one we could find was Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder. 
Although I have combination/oily skin this product is good enough for me. 
However, it's extremely expensive, even more than Dior. 
So, I ended up getting a smaller size, but it's a set, so I got the primer, concealer, foundation and the loose powder in the set, Complexion Perfection
My previous powder Lorac was oil-free, but still it was not helping my T-zone. 
So, I decided to try something else after I ran out of it. 
After all there are so many products out there and since we are mortal, we have limited time on this planet. Lol
My next mission is to find out why my eye make up products are irritating my eyes as if I suddenly develop a pink eye for few hours. 
It must be something in the products!

By the way did I tell you I am still dealing with the cystic acne that bismuth oxychloride in the my make product caused for years ago! 
It's sad! 
I never had more than one small zit at a time until I turned 20 and used BE mineral loose powder and then 2 years ago Maybelline Dreammatte Mouse. 
They screwed up my skin!


(Posted on March 20, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment