May 19, 2011

Lovin' It!

I guess I told you guys I was looking forward to changing my skin care regimen,


and I did it!
I did change my skin care regimen 
and I don't know how I lived before finding this product.

The product I am talking about is No. 7
I believe it's a drug store dupe for Liz Earle the British brand.

If No. 7 is this good I cannot imagine Liz Earle.
In the States, we just have No. 7 at Target I believe.
Which is perfectly fine,
but I am thinking what I am going to do if I go back home.
I guess I will be spending a lot money on shipping.
There is no way I can't live without these products any more.

Although I wasn't totally happy with my Dermalogica facial treatment,
my skin was glowy, literally,
and my skin kept glowing for few days.
Then, came the dull era.
I was so shocked, so unhappy that my skin was looking so dull,
but Mario Badescu was there to save the day!

Mario Badescu's Whitening Mask is a miracle in a jar!
Even after one use my skin was not dull any more,
my pores were not clogged,
and my acne scars were lighter or gone.
After using Whitening Mask for three consecutive nights,
my skin was looking healthy.

Then when I was at Target, I was wandering around the cosmetics section,
which is my all time favorites in all stores,
and remembered No. 7 from a Youtube video and wanted to try it out.
Especially because it is British.
Thanks to Prince William and Kate MiddletonUK's new Princess,
UK is really popular these days; more than before.

So, I wanted to have my good share of UK products.
First, I bought No.7's Beautifully Balanced Purify Toner combination skin.
After spending a lot money on high-end brands
it was good to spend few bucks and get what I needed.
I loved the toner!
It is definitely hydrating.
My skin doesn't feel tight afterwards
and it really has a cooling soothing effect as it claimed to have.

Then I wanted to change my cleanser.
I used half of my Exuviance cleanser,
but I wasn't that impressed.
Although at first, I thought it was a great product,
later I realized what I was in love with was Mario Badescu Whitening Mask's hydrating effect.
Especially I started getting white headed pimples around that time of the month,
I realized Exuviance was not doing what it was claiming;
which was killing bacteria and moisturizing the skin.
In contrast, my skin was feeling slightly tight after washing my face.

After I watched Fleur DeForce's skin care regimen video on Youtube
I liked the idea of using hot cloth to clean the face.
Although I don't like cream cleansers,
and thinking of sweeping off it with a cloth made me think that I am just going to smudge my make up taking from one place to another,
I couldn't resist, but to try hot cleansing cloth trick.

She used Liz Earle,
and I recalled that No.7 cleanser which is also a hot cloth cleanser.
It is exactly the same thing!
Instead of spending $40,
I spent $10
and my face was NEVER EVER This clean.
Even after one use I realized my face was looking brighter than ever.

I also loved putting a warm cloth on my face.
It's so soothing, and relaxing as if you are in the spa for few minutes.

Now...
I don't have clogged pores and my face looks like I just had a facial.

In the past...
I used to use make up removing wipes
then
clean with make up remover
then
clean with toner
then
wash my face
then
clean with toner again
then 
my skin would be ready to moisturize.

I know it makes a lot of steps,
but every time I swept my face with a cotton ball soaked in toner,
I was still removing make up residue off my face.

Now?
I massage one pump of No.7 Cleanser on my face,
clean it with the hot cleansing cloth,
then I use the No.7 Toner,
and there is no make up residue on the cotton ball  anymore!
It's amazing!

I also got Witch Hazel from Walgreens for the pores on my cheeks.
They already shrunk after starting to use Tarte Smooth Operator
but now,
No.7 deep cleanse it,
and
Witch Hazel shrinks the pores.

Couldn't be more happier.
I love to clean my face in the morning and after I come home.

However, I couldn't find my perfect moisturizer for the warm weathers.
I know I said I am happy with Philisophy The Supernatural primer as a moisturizer,
but it doesn't go well with the Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation.
My skin looked chalky white!
I don't want to give up on Laura,
so I guess Supernatural is going back to Sephora.

I tried Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer,
Mario Badescu Oil-free Moisturizer and Gel Moisturizer,
No. 7 Oily/Combination Skin Moisturizer,
but they were not quite good.

So, I am thinking of trying Dermalogica Active Moist,
or
Dermalogica Barrier Repair Ultra Calming.
Although the girl at Ulta told me it's not a moisturizer,
but a step to ready skin to moisturize,
I think this will be enough for me in the summer.
Or,
I can use MediBac Clearing Mattifier Moisturizer.
It was not hydrating enough in winter,
but it should be enough for warm weathers,
and it has silica in it,
which gives the moisturizer
this silky smooth texture that I love!
plus 
it is for adult acne,
and it should be good for my acne-prone skin,
but I shouldn't forget that I got terrible blemishes afterwards.
My blemishes was looking as if I used my blush for contouring my cheekbones.

Dermalogica Barrier Repair Ultra Calming also has the same silky silica texture.
Or,
I might go with the No.7 Rebalancing Night Fluid.
It is so tempting.
Since, I started using No.7 products, why not but chose my moisturizer from that brand as well.
(Actually, I tried No.7 Rebalancing Day Fluid with SPF in it and I got oilyness on my T-zone, maybe I should use it for a while for my skin to get used to it.)
Or, I can use that just for night
and find something for the day time,
but then I have my Philisophy Supernatural for day time,
but it's tinted which grosses me out a little bit.
I don't know why?
I use foundation, blush and bronzer. 
So, if I were to say I don't like putting on anything colored on my face,
then I wasn't supposed to be doing make up, right?
I guess when I do make up I am aware of what I am doing,
but when I moisture my face,
it is skin care time and I don't want anything related to make up.
That's why fake tanning creams and tinted moisturizers grosses me out.

I also plan to use sun screen daily from now on,
because I saw few sunny days and I already had my old and few new freckles on my face,
which I hate.
You might find it cute,
but the freckles you get after you are born,
are damaged skin cells,
so it's not healthy!
Therefore, I don't want to get any more freckles.
I want to and I need to use sun screen daily,
but I either forget, or think it will too much;
moisturizer+sun screen+foundation+blush
or I think it will be difficult to apply my make up on.
I guess I have to try and see.
Maybe I don't use moisturizer in the morning
and I just put on my sunscreen and do my make up.

I have Neutrogena Dry Block Oil Free Sun Screen.
I think using oil free sun screen shouldn't be that bad on top of my moisturizer,
and I guess it is not moisturizing enough to use it on its on only.
When I am going for a walk I just use my sunscreen,
and I don't get shine on my T-zone,
but feel like my skin is not moisturized enough.

We'll see..

(Posted on May 5, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment