June 02, 2011

Funny Fact...

I never had the top corner of my eyebrows,
so for the last few months I started filling those parts in and the outer corner of my eyebrows when I am doing my make up,


So recently....


I was putting some eyebrow pencil color on my brush and applying it on and setting it with a clear mascara.


Because the outer corners were such a light color that when you see me from far away you would think I have a little more than half eyebrows.


Anyways, I came up with this crazy idea....
(you know I am full of crazy ideas >: ) )

 

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the L'oreal serum for eyelashes.

When I had the double extend mascara I realized I ended up having new baby eyelashes
and my eyelashes were darker
after a month of use!

Although, I wasn't happy with the new baby eyelashes,
because they were at the wrong spot,
(I had second row of eyelashes at the outer corner of my eyes)
it was good to have curled darker lashes,
(the new lashes were naturally curled)


So, I decided to use the serum on my eyebrows,
after all I never had the top corner of my eyebrows
and I could really use darker eyebrows at that place.


I'm using it for a couple of weeks
and I didn't use it everynight simply because I forgot.


So, the result.....


I have new baby eyebrows YAY! :)
and my eyebrows are much more darker that I nearly don't need to darken my eyebrows with a pencil/shadow anymore,
which is good because finding a brow pencil that would match my eyebrows was a challange as well.


Most of the pencils/shadows in the market are too brown and they have a red undertone,
and it looks like my eyebrow area blemished when I fill in my eyebrows with those pencils.

My eyebrows are taupe colored
(grey undertoned brown; ashy brown)

What is even worse is Sephora and Ulta seller associates are trying to sell me those colors and they don't get me when I say it doesn't match my eyebrow color and it looks too freaking red on me,

but I cannot blame them, how can they know it when they use the same pencil and look as if somebody punch them on the eyebrow?!


Ulta, Sephora and Mac really needs to educate their seller associates!


They just know the basics and try to use the same techniques on everyone and don't they pay attention to bone structure or anything else.


For example you cannot pull a regular smokey eye on me by smudging the eyeshadow on 2/3 of the under eye, because I look like a panda. I'm not kidding!
However, they insist that I look good.
Even my best friend couldn't hold herself and said that I looked real bad!
(You should always keep people are round you, who are not afraid to say 'the king is naked' you know)


One time I went to Mac counter inside the Macy's in the mall,
because I couldn't find a matching color eyebrow pencil/shadow for my eyebrows in Sephora and Ulta,
and it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

I don't know how the Mac people look in your country/state/neighborhood, but mine look HORRIBLE!

All the Mac ladies have their eyebrows filled in with unnatural colors and they had extremely high arches and extremely thick eyebrows
and they all look as if they tattooed their eyebrows with a color darker than their hair color.


So, basically I was loosing my mind when they were trying to fill in my eyebrows with dark brown.
I have light skin and brown hair that is turning to light brown,  
and it was looking disgusting when they were filling in my eyebrows with black,
and they were claiming it looks natural on me and it matches my roots.
Lady my roots are brown not black and my skin is fair and the rest of my hair is light color
so how does this can look good on me?!


So, when I went to the mall on Memorial Day I realized YSL light eyebrow pencil color looks close to my eyebrow color, but now they don't really need to be filled in thanks to L'oreal eyelash serum.


I guess I won't be using the L'oreal serum all over my eyebrows anymore, because I don't want it to be any darker, but I will be still using it on the spots that I don't have hair.


However, I don't know what will happen when I stop using the serum.
When I used it on my eyelashes, I didn't lose the baby eyelashes nor they grew,
but they were not darker when I stopped using the serum.
I think I would be okay if my eyebrows lighten a little bit,
because then it means I can go for a lighter blonder hair color and still have visible eyebrows, because I would have grown eyebrows on the bald spots.


Don't forget unless you are a blonde, your eyebrow color and you hair color should almost match each other if you don't want to look funny,
and if the eyebrow pencil/shadow looks red/orange-brown when it oxidizes then it is not good enough for you ladies!


When you are a blonde please don't have black or really dark eyebrows, you might want to lighten your eye brows to have a softer look,
there is no need to look upset without feelin upset, because of your eyebrow color or the shape! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment