September 23, 2011

Oh Grandma!

My family is attending a family member's wedding tonight, and they want to look their best.


Of course Grandma don't want to be left out, so she asked my mom to lend her a lipstick.


She is over eighty and never used any make up products other than a lipstick and her skin care is composed of Vaseline. 


I must add, she looks great for her age.


For her, lipstick has a double duty as a blush and a lip color.


So, for some reason she insisted to have a red lipstick.


Now, girls we are talking about an eighty plus year old woman who never used red lipstick before. At least not for the last twenty something years that I remember.


I have just one explanation for that....


Red (any tone of it) is my mother's favorite color and she always uses it all the time and Grandma kind of got jealous I guess. LOL


Why else would she want a red lipstick for?!


Anyways, mother convinced her not to put on a red lipstick. 


I would need all the lip pencils in the world to make her lips look good with a red lipstick. 


It's not that she is ugly or anything, but let's be honest. 
She is 85 for God's sake and she has wrinkles! 
and the contour of her lips gone a long time ago.


Although, mother gave her five different shades of pink lipsticks, 
I know that she is going to forget them all together tonight.


They are going to bring Grandma to our home when my parents leave work and mother will get prepared and then when my aunt will come here and they will leave for the wedding all together in one car. Talk about environmental car pooling, huh? :)


I am 100% sure of what will happen tonight.


Grandma will come to our home without putting on her lipstick and I will have to put it on for her.


So, I am not sure what shade of pink to use, but I am definitely sure that I will not use red on her.


Red might be good as a blush but it will to be too much for an old sweet Grandma. 
I don't want her to look too vamp and attract potential Grandpas. HAHAHA That would be something else!


So, which one you think I should use on Grandma?







I am thinking about the bright pink that is second to last
or
the coral color that is fourth to the last

Tell me what you think is best for a 85 year-old lady.
You know curiosity kills the cat ;)

XOXO
LOLA

No comments:

Post a Comment