August 31, 2011

Insanity Continues...

We were at the mall again. but of course at another one. 
There are so many malls that you can go to a different mall every day of the month. 


As always I was observing prices. 


I went to this place called Gratis at Kozzy Mall in Istanbul.


The products they carry are what you can find in Wal-Mart beauty aisle in the States. 


However, the prices makes you speechless.


$7. 97 John Frieda Collection Frizz-Ease Hair Serum, 1.69 fl oz in Wal-Mart in NY was $22 (tax included) in Istanbul, Turkey


$5. 87 John Frieda Collection Sheer Blonde Lustrous Touch Strengthening Shampoo, 8.45 oz in Wal-Mart in NY was $12 (tax included) in Istanbul, Turkey


Their selling strategy is to promote the products saying ''Imported from America'' so they think they can price as high as they want. Unbelievable!


I left the stores speechless as always. 


Since friends are vacationing New York my shopping list gets longer and longer by day. 
There is no way I will spend that much money on those products just because I like them. 
I haven't gone crazy yet, but apparently the stores are!

No comments:

Post a Comment