November 11, 2011

BBW



Today I went to the Bath & Body Works on Bagdat Caddesi, Istanbul.


I knew it was going to more expensive than it is in the States, 


but c'mon for God's sake!


I guess sky was the limit when it came down to pricing Bath & Body Works' pillow mist, and fragrance oil and portable scents, and bulb refills in Istanbul.


My favorite lavender-vanilla pillow mist is $10+tax in the States, 
was 44TL which is $24.76 (tax included) in Istanbul.


The $20+tax 4-wick candles were 44TL which is $25 tax included.


$2.50 to $5.00+tax Travel-size body mists 
were 14TL which is $7.88 (tax included) in Istanbul. 


I loved Marshmallow Fireside's scent. It is so me,
but because I bought a 4 oz Secret Wonderland and a Lavender-Vanilla aromatherapy candle,
I had to leave it to some other time. 


I got a 10% discount coupon for their upcoming event. 


So maybe I might pick up Marshmallow Fireside, or my favorite Mint Chocolate, but I also love Kitchen Spice


I used to have it in my kitchen and my living room was smelling like that as well. 


However, I don't think my parents would appreciate the scent or the price of the candle.


It is so hard to describe it but I just love that scent. 


So, I guess I will hold that purchase until I move out to my own place again.


$6+tax single bulb refills were 19TL (tax included) which is $10.69


$5 Fragrance oils were also 19TL = $10.69 (tax included) 


$5 Scent portables were also 19TL = $10.69 (ta included) 

I guess the tax included prices are close to $10, 
but it upset me when I saw 19 Liras price tag.

I also liked Paris Amour's scent but I don't need any body mist nor body butter/lotion or fragrance. 
So, see you  another time Paris Amour! :P 


The prices upset me so much that I didn't check all the new candle's scents, because I knew I would want to purchase those as well. 


So, I left with my 4 oz Secret Wonderland and 4 oz. Lavender-Vanilla aromatherapy candles, paying 38TL = $22. 


This was more than I usually pay at Bath & Body Works in the States, because I always wait and shop when they have a sale. 


I was shopping either when they have ''two 4 oz candles for $10'' or ''two 4-wick candles for $20''. 


However, I don't think they will have sales in Istanbul, 
like the ones they have in the states 
(You know in the States they always have a sale like Buy 3 Get 2 Free, etc.) 
and because I was missing my candles so much, 
I just shopped. 


It hurt my budget, but I am so happy now that I don't care! :)


However, I felt like they didn't have all the Christmas season products, and the store felt confusing. Although it looked exactly like any other Bath & Body Works, I just didn't know where to look at where to find my favorite products. I guess it is because it was slightly a smaller store compared to the ones I had been to in the States. 


I guess they are waiting for December to bring out Christmas Season  products. Gotta check out BBW in December as well! 


Oh by the way BBW doesn't offer their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee in Istanbul. So, if you burnt the candle or used the perfume/body butter and not liked it you can't return it! They only accept returns if you have the receipt and if you have not used the product! BBW Istanbul let me down...

No comments:

Post a Comment